What a steal! Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman and Steven Moffat introduce the fifth episode of Doctor Who Series 8, ‘Time Heist’.

Saturday, 20th September at 7:30pm on BBC One.

The BBC have released the official synopsis for the seventh episode of Doctor Who Series 8, ‘Kill the Moon’.


In the near future, the Doctor and Clara find themselves on a space shuttle making a suicide mission to the Moon.

Crash-landing on the lunar surface, they find a mining base full of corpses, vicious spider-like creatures poised to attack, and a terrible dilemma.

When Clara turns to the Doctor for help, she gets the shock of her life.


‘Kill the Moon’ airs on Saturday, 4th October on BBC One.

The BBC have released the official synopsis for the seventh episode of Doctor Who Series 8, ‘Kill the Moon’.

In the near future, the Doctor and Clara find themselves on a space shuttle making a suicide mission to the Moon.

Crash-landing on the lunar surface, they find a mining base full of corpses, vicious spider-like creatures poised to attack, and a terrible dilemma.

When Clara turns to the Doctor for help, she gets the shock of her life.

‘Kill the Moon’ airs on Saturday, 4th October on BBC One.

Writer Peter Harness has teased that things will never be the same again in Doctor Who, after his episode ‘Kill the Moon’.

Harness has hinted at a life-changing dilemma for Clara, and says that by the end of the episode, things will never be the same again due to the actions of the Doctor.

Speaking in Doctor Who Magazine issue 478, the writer said: “I still don’t know how people will take it. I’m in this kind of limbo now waiting for people to see it, and I’ve no idea, really I do not know how it is going to go down.

“I’ve never seen the Doctor do something like this before…”

‘Kill the Moon’ airs on Saturday, 4th October on BBC One.

Writer Peter Harness has teased that things will never be the same again in Doctor Who, after his episode ‘Kill the Moon’.

Harness has hinted at a life-changing dilemma for Clara, and says that by the end of the episode, things will never be the same again due to the actions of the Doctor.

Speaking in Doctor Who Magazine issue 478, the writer said: “I still don’t know how people will take it. I’m in this kind of limbo now waiting for people to see it, and I’ve no idea, really I do not know how it is going to go down.

“I’ve never seen the Doctor do something like this before…”

‘Kill the Moon’ airs on Saturday, 4th October on BBC One.

Doctor Who is set to move to its latest ever time slot, due to the return of Strictly Come Dancing.

Each week, the show will begin at 8:30pm on BBC One, starting on Saturday, 27th September. The change in start time means an end time of 9:15pm - a quarter of an hour past the watershed.

Speaking to Radio Times, a BBC insider said: “It’s always been the plan for this series of Doctor Who to follow Strictly, once Strictly started, in the same way that Atlantis and previously Merlin did, as this series is on air in the autumn.”

“It’s going to be a brilliant BBC One Saturday night with Strictly into Doctor Who,” the BBC insider continued. “Viewing levels are still high at that time amongst young audiences and children, and Doctor Who has always generated very high levels of recorded playback and iPlayer viewing, so lots of children and families already choose a time that suits them over the days that follow.”

Doctor Who is set to move to its latest ever time slot, due to the return of Strictly Come Dancing.

Each week, the show will begin at 8:30pm on BBC One, starting on Saturday, 27th September. The change in start time means an end time of 9:15pm - a quarter of an hour past the watershed.

Speaking to Radio Times, a BBC insider said: “It’s always been the plan for this series of Doctor Who to follow Strictly, once Strictly started, in the same way that Atlantis and previously Merlin did, as this series is on air in the autumn.”

“It’s going to be a brilliant BBC One Saturday night with Strictly into Doctor Who,” the BBC insider continued. “Viewing levels are still high at that time amongst young audiences and children, and Doctor Who has always generated very high levels of recorded playback and iPlayer viewing, so lots of children and families already choose a time that suits them over the days that follow.”

David Tennant has said that playing The Doctor “comes with a lot of attention” which can be “overwhelming”.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Tennant said: “[Peter Capaldi] needs no advice from a whipper-snapper like me. He’s a brilliant actor and I’m very excited to see him in that part. All we’ve done is compare experiences.”
“[Doctor Who] is an unusual show to be part of - it comes with a lot of attention, most of which is lovely, some of which is overwhelming. I’ve been a witness [protection] group for him…”

David Tennant has said that playing The Doctor “comes with a lot of attention” which can be “overwhelming”.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Tennant said: “[Peter Capaldi] needs no advice from a whipper-snapper like me. He’s a brilliant actor and I’m very excited to see him in that part. All we’ve done is compare experiences.”

“[Doctor Who] is an unusual show to be part of - it comes with a lot of attention, most of which is lovely, some of which is overwhelming. I’ve been a witness [protection] group for him…”